Sunday 22 March 2015

Subcultures - Character Design Progress 2

It's been a rough weekend (With fatigue catching up to me once again), but I was able to get the bulk of my character designs done. This honestly felt like the first time in forever (Hahaha!) where I actually tried getting some proper character design sheets done, and so while the first character sheet started out a little awkwardly (She still does look like a dress up doll in the final one, but I tried to make it less so with some later changes...), I was able to get more comfortable when it came to designing for the next two.

Goth


Hippie


Punk

I was told that the Goth looked a little too flat, and while I tried explaining that the flat colouring was part of the art style, I decided that it would be wiser to add in a bit more rendering. I also disliked the fact that the Goth's wardrobe looked so plain as compared to the Hippie and Punk, and so I needed to make a lot of changes before I was satisfied with the Goth character sheet. While I didn't make any changes to her hairstyle, I did at least try to give her more varied poses in the final product (And if you look closely, the colour of her make up is different in some outfits).

After some 'encouragement' from one of my tutors, I decided to not be so lazy and include those extra little details on my character's clothing (Such as the pattern on her poncho and her necklace) when animating the turnaround animation.

Sketch


Changed Position of Legs




Adding Colours


Adding Details


Necklace




TRYING to Fix Feet

No comments:

Post a Comment