Sunday 29 November 2015

Moodboards

   So not much has changed in terms of my inspiration for Lurk, but just for comparison sake, I decided to place the old moodboard that I had made during the end of PPP1 (That I can still make full use of) alongside the new ones that I have quickly put together. I am still aiming for the monochromatic look with an unsettling atmosphere and ambience than a full out gore fest, but have decided to include examples from both. More stylistic games (That also happen to be indie games) are also included here as they have inspired me in terms of their more unique approaches and even more unique storytelling.

First mood board from nearly 2 years back, I am still remaining pretty faithful
to the selection of styles I have shown here.

A new mood board featuring an array of horror games that have gone for the more realistic if not
photorealistic look. While "Silent Hill" remains one of my main inspirations for my project,
games that tend to feature the 'little kid companion/partner' trope have also become a huge part
of my reference, not many of these however were able to succeed in creating that empathy
much like "The Last of Us", "Telltale's The Walking Dead" and even "Resident Evil: Revelations 2"
has done.
More stylistic games that are not particularly of the traditional horror genre. Most
of these games however have succeeded in breaking away from the norms and cliches
of many large company produced horror games (Sorry, guys!), and so are great examples
for when I am working on Lurk's storyline and narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment