Thursday 14 January 2016

Evaluation

   This final Context in Practice module has certainly given me the forceful awakening that I needed to get my head together for the next two modules. I am not at all satisfied with the work that I have done for this module. And despite how much effort I put into it, a huge part of me knows that I could have done so much better. My performance has certainly deteriorated during this module as compared to the past two years, 
  
   I wish to stay optimistic during situations such as this, however, and it is certainly not to say that these past months have not been a complete loss. I believe that I have learnt so much more about video games and animation from the research that I have gathered for my dissertation, as well as received a much needed lesson during my struggles with both my dissertation and practical. I now have a whole new perspective on the topic that I had chosen to write about in the first place, and I hope that that will allow me to further improve in the game concept that I had been working on as my practical responses. I will certainly continue to develop Lurk even after this module has come to an end, and I know now that there will be so many ways to improve on it.

   I wish to further improve on my drawing skills as well, I realised in the past weeks that I was struggling while I was attempting to draw my characters in more dynamic poses and perspectives, two things that pay huge contribution to an animated performance (Or any sort of performance). I also must be more organised for my next big project, so I will not end up panicking over where all my work files are like I had done for this module.

   And after being reminded of the immense potential that Adobe After Effects holds at the very last minute, I am very keen on refamiliarising myself with that software in hopes of using it more frequently for my other works in the future (I especially hope to use it far more for my Extended Practice project). Organisation will once again will be of great importance seeing as I had forgotten that Photoshop files can be imported into After Effects for editing, during a last minute attempt to get a few more scenes edited, it proved fruitless considering the state of most of my work files.

No comments:

Post a Comment