Wednesday 6 January 2016

Final Tutorial

   I am happy to hear that my rewritten dissertation is a huge improvement to my original one (And I honestly have Fiona to thank for for this). While what I have will suffice for the time being, there are a few other things I should consider including in there. For the conclusion, I could try to make a more personal statement (Well, not too personal, I'm honestly going to try and make everything in third person if I can) about the things a game designer should consider when creating a video game with a strong narrative. Eg, "As a game designer, it would be prudent, based on the research show in this dissertation that..."\

   Seeing how Ed Hooks has been such a huge part of this dissertation, I was also suggested to add the discussion on 'ma' back in there (I had initially taken it out in fear that I would go over the word count), and revolve it around The Last of Us (And probably GTAV with Michael De Santa's character), the characters in both these games have shown example of such a principle, where they are actually allowed to sit and reflect, instead of expressing it all through words.


May Draft 9/13 be my final draft....

   Hopefully, I can quickly finish up these changes and get my friend to proofread it one last time before we  go off to get it printed this coming Friday (ZOINKS).

   As for my practical, it would be benficial to present a larger range of emotions for my characters, particularly Jessie, who appears despondent for most of the animation thus far (This would also go hand in hand with my dissertation, especially after the analyse I did on Silent Hill 3's Heather Mason and the broad range of emotions she has in the game). I coud try to add in a few creepy details too, such as a monster's shadow passing over Jesse before she comes to after the train accident. And a vignette closing in around her mother in that one scene... Also, during the opening sequences, I should give glimpses of the monster designs I did, while they won't be animated, the least I could do is incorporate more of my concept art in there somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment