Tuesday 12 January 2016

Getting it Together

   Progress had been incredibly slow over the past few months (Aside from the amount of research I had gathered particularly for my dissertation. But of course, all of that research can be applied to my academic poster and academic poster as well), and it was only near the end of Christmas break did I attempt to get my shiz together. Aside from giving my room a decent clean up, I decided to move my work area back to the front of the windows, which I hadn't wanted to intially due to issues with the internet connection and the fact that someone smashed a ginormous tree branch against my window once upon a time... But yeah, I needed more table space. 
   
   At the same time, I also printed out some concept art references and covered my windows up with them (I ran out of space on my noticeaboards, also, I really didn't want to keep turning my head to look at them). I was hoping that having a constant view of my inspirations would keep me... well, inspired.


   And before I get into what I have been doing for my practical, let's start off with this really rough animatic I did for when I had originally hope to make a fully animated piece (Who knows, maybe, just MAYBE I might be able to go back to it after I graduate... I mean, this was after all a concept from nearly 5-6 years back, so there is a chance that I will come back to it again):


   Alot, and I mean A LOT of changes has been made since this animatic, to meet the deadline for my music and sound designer as well as to show something for my friend who is working on a title sequence for it. I had to simplify a lot of things and chance it to a simpler piece of cinematic with fewer scenes... I believe I will be placing more focus on the concept art book from here on out by displaying more strong poses of the characters and atmospheric scenarios... but yeah, that's another thing to talk about for later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment