Friday 1 January 2016

Lurk - Monster Designs

   Progress for my practical has been a little slow (Due to me falling ill for most of Christmas break), so chances are that I might be simplifying my animation and turning it into more of a 2D cinematic than a fully animated piece. So this will allow me to incorporate the concept art that I already have and simply animate it with the use of After Effects. While I initially hoped to get some fully animated scenes done as well, I am beginning to think that fully animated scenes and scenes with more basic motions will not go well with one another... I will worry about that later once I actually more work done for it.

   Rosy has already started on the title sequence, and so far it's looking pretty sweet. I should however pick up the pace and show a bit more work to my composer so that he will be given more time to work on the music and sound (Which is now all that much time left). Anyway, as the title pretty much says, here are some of the monster designs that I have done for the concept bible itself, obviously not all of them will be included within the animation, which gave me the opportunity to work on more detailed pieces to showcase within the book itself (Seeing as I have no need to worry about animating them all).

   I hope to give them all an unsettling sort of appearance, aside from the expected body horror, I have begun looking into some examples that take advantage of the Uncanny (An issue that could have been applied to the monsters in horror video games more often, when I think about it).






No comments:

Post a Comment